Details for the 2018 trip are in the making. Read about our 2017 trip below:
spring break art trip to Baltimore and Washington d.c.
grades 8-12 limited to 8 students
I have long dreamed of taking a group of art students to my home turf of Baltimore/Washington and sharing the amazing and diverse art world that is there. Last spring my dream came true! Seven students joined me for 6 days of art and fun in Baltimore and Washington. We stayed in the home of artist, Catherine Behrent. Catherine has been teaching art at The Maryland Institute of Art since we were both graduate students there in the early 90’s. She was also co-chair of the Foundation Department at MICA for 15 years. Below is a list of highlights from the trip.
Highlights of 2017 art Excursion to Baltimore/Washington
- 3 full days in Baltimore and 2 full days in Washington D.C.
- Participated in a freshman college class at Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore
- Private artist studio visits in Baltimore (studios of MICA faculty)
- Visits to local art galleries and museums in Baltimore including The Visionary Museum and Baltimore Museum of Art
- Visits to The National Gallery of Art, The National Museum of Women in the Arts, and The Hirschorn, and in Washington, DC
- Healthy, home cooked meals in the private home where we stayed.